The Fault in our Stars

What was the last book that you read? Now that we're 40 days away from creating history, I feel guilty for devoting my time to finishing The Fault in our Stars in 2 days. It was a book (an e-book in my case) that I couldn't put down and just had to finish the soonest possible time so I could resume my life. haha. This is the reason why I don't watch TV because the series just gets you hooked. At least books have a deadline, depending on how fast you can read.

I'm not really writing this to summarize or critic or note down what I learned. There's a lot of that in google. :) In the past years, reading novels (or material irrelevant to my business like fashion magazines) have become an indulgence for me. See, my business is like a baby that I need to attend to. In the same way that Isay is always my top priority, anything that is not aligned with being a good parent (at least what I know of it), I don't do.

Roy (ze hubby) is the only person who knows that I read the book. (Well now, the visitors of this blog too.) Then he asked, "so what did you learn?" Nothing. Yeah maybe there was something but I don't want to consume energy processing it. I told him that I just enjoyed reading the book and cried in some parts. I simply became present to what I was reading. Or probably I feel that I'm not bringing justice to the material by just relaying what I remember of it. That's how I am, even for movies that I've watched. Lazy as it may seem but I just want the person to experience it and I'm sure he/she would see something different, far from what I experienced. So why provide a synopsis?

Reading is an escape, that I know. If there's one thing I learned from reading The Fault in our Stars, it's the reminder that books are to be experienced. Yes it may be shared but to get it is to experience it.

And probably for future reference?
The last book that I read before TFIOS was Crazy Rich Asians :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Mondays: German Measles

Mommy Mondays: Roseola aka Tigdas Hangin

How I Lost 30 pounds: My Spartan Transformation Experience